Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Crazy Bird!

Well, let me say Yoga was an experience yesterday. The lesson, requiring me to contort myself into knots and twists and curls was the tamest part of the whole expedition. Actually getting to the Yoga Sanctuary and back again involved a cross country drive, a 15 minute trek up a mountainside and the artful dodging of cassowaries! No joking! I was worried about running into one while I was all alone, struggling up the rainforest track because I’d just passed one on the drive, and, sure enough, on the way back down, I bloody did! All I could envisage was this footage I’ve seen from “When Wild Animals Attack”, of this crazy cassowary launching itself off the ground and booting with both its’ legs out stiff. I was so anxious to get going, it seemed like I’d been out for ages and I was worried about Anakin being stuck at home without his Yummy Tittie. (He had a bottle of green coconut milk for backup.) And I had to stand there like a statue…for ages…’til this crazy bird decided to disappear back into the bush. Lucky I’d just done some relaxation meditation otherwise I might have risked intestinal gauging by shoving it aside to get home to my boys! Nevertheless Bubby was sound asleep when I finally got home and Greg was experimenting in the kitchen.

It is Greg’s resolution to cook more dinners – so far he’s made fish cooked in lemon juice swimming in coconut cream with veggies and last night it was chicken and mango curry. He is starting to get very creative considering his standard contribution to family meals is usually toasted sangas or handing ‘round a bag of cheesy poofs. I’ve bought him “Jamies Dinners” to try to encourage him along but he usually just goes it solo.He’s gone fishing with my brother this morning – which is always a bit worrying and sometimes ends with me ringing the coastguard and organizing rescue missions. He’s a worry…

I’ve just finished my first period since October 05! I was hoping it would hold off a few months longer, but lets face it, I reckon my body mass index could cater for a COUPLE of breastfeeding babies, a pregnancy AND a period. If that was possible.

No comments: