Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Papa Love

Greg starts work again on Monday. I feel sad for him having to be away from Anakin all day long but maybe in a year or two he can have his turn at home and I’ll go back and earn the dosh. I don’t know if I remember how to look after Bubby and run the house alone, it’s been such a long luxurious time with him at home sharing the responsibilities equally. Greg totally shines in his role as a Dad. He is very pro-active and hands on. (He’s never really taken on the father-figure role for Izzy – more of a chastising, competitive older brother! )

Greg has taught him how to hold his breath in the pool. I refused to dunk him saying “No, it can be your face that he sees when he comes up petrified choking-up pool water.” But sure enough Anakin knows exactly what to do when his Daddy looks at him and goes “Huh” (the sound of sucking in a big breath). And he screws up his eyes and goes straight under – doesn’t phase him one bit! We’re so proud!

And his Dad is the one that takes him to the potty in the middle of the night when he gets all wriggly. Turns out the poo-in-the-potty incident wasn’t a coincidence at all. He’s been doing heaps on the potty – 6 months old! Proud proud proud proud proud. That’s what we are!

And Anakin adores his Big Dadda. He gives his dad the biggest cheesy grins. Instead of going to sleep on the Boobie the other day, Anakin launched himself at his Pappa, insisting on falling off to sleep licking the chest hairs and getting a pat on the back instead! He’s gone to sleep with his Dad before but really out of necessity. This was his choice! It was a bit of a one off but it was adorable and I was so happy for Greg. It takes a lot of love to compete with Titty!

They are asleep together in the aircon’ right now. I slipped out extremely early for my second walk around the block with another Mum from up on the hill. We spend our whole walk gasbagging away – analyzing health issues, discussing relationships and our children. She spends a lot of time trying to talk me into another baby asap! (Greg says “that my woman!!” ) And that I need to start scrapbooking asap! Mmmm… maybe the second one. I need to give the first more thought…

No comments: