Sunday, January 14, 2007

Poor Tum!

I fed our little Bubba some sugar banana on Tuesday and it gave him the worst bellyache ever! I’ve never seen him in pain before, it was so bad!! The noises he was making were the same ones I was when I gave birth to him! Breathing in and out was hurting his belly bad so he was only taking tiny shallow breaths and the lack of oxygen plus all the straining was nearly making him pass out. I tried to massage his tight little tum and pushed his legs up and down but nothing would release a farty or a burp. I tried feeding him to regulate his breathing but it was too hard for him. Greg thought something was stuck down Bubby’s throat and came at us armed with a straw!! His intention was to stick it down there and suck whatever was in there out - clown! (The thought of him and his straw was totally distracting me during Yoga meditation yesterday. I feel like the only idiot in the world who giggles during the most humourless moments – no self control.)

Anakin struggled on for about 15 minutes or so while we wondered if a doctor or the Ambo’s could help him and suddenly he rolled over on the bed and went to sleep. It was as if his body allowed him to escape the pain while it sorted itself out. He was whimpering and shallow breathing for ages in his sleep and then finally his breathing relaxed and he began sucking in his sleep as usual. Thank God!!

Man he is such a happy, smiley little boy it was devastating to see him like that. I can’t imagine how the Mummas with colicky babies who suffer through similar pain all the time must cope. How sad! I’d definitely have an exhausted adrenal gland! And grey hair.

No comments: