Friday, January 12, 2007

Things To Make and Do

Back-to-School shopping is one of my favourite things. I’m a stationary fanatic and I know I’m not alone. Brand new colouring pencils…unopened packets of little softy rubbers…pacer pencils…leads…cray-pas…I love it all. I’m forever on the search for The Best Biro In The World. It has been awesome working as a teacher because then I had the excuse to buy mini staplers, stamps, sharpeners...all year ‘round - “It’s for my Treasure Box!” I even love the names of all that stuff!

Needless to say I have had all the contents of Issy’s Grade 6 booklist bought ages ago and now I’m delving into the next riveting task of laminating! He’s getting too old for puppies or pirates this year so we are going plain gold – reminds me of the inside wrappers of Willy Wonka chocolate bars. For me, scrimping on cheapy-brands is the worst kind of sacrilege and I nearly die when I visit Iz in his classroom and realize his “tidy” tray is anything BUT! Lord forgive he sharpens his pencils into his pencilcase!

I’m the chick who’s standing there for ages comparing Artwrite and Tudor – Whose is the finer grained paper and the cleanest white? Whose blue lines are the sharpest? I even ask other peoples opinions just incase my eyes aren’t as keen as they use to be!!

Isaiah has everything in the way of craft and he doesn’t even really like it! I think I’m overcompensating for the little girl that was me - fawning over the “Things To Make and Do” book without any of the stuff to make and do anything!

No comments: