Monday, April 9, 2007

Cerebral Monopoly

Well here we are again at the tail end of another busy weekend. Bubby’s asleep after a huge breakfast, a poo, a play and a bath, Izzy’s off to school and I’ve done the vaccing and the dishes and am now sitting here with my big steamy cuppa and the crumbs of a couple slices of date and walnut loaf…ahh… the house is so quiet…all I can here are the birds in the bush and the odd car down on the road.

We had our family date at the school tennis courts yesterday. Anakin had lots of “firsts” yesterday arve – he had his first play at the preschool playground, he sat up in a tree for the first time and I took him for a BMX ride round and round the tennis courts. Family church members were setting up in the undercover area just as we were about to leave and one of them (a staff member) came around the corner for a chat, just as all three boys were taking leaks under the tree! Ugh! Perfect timing.

Nick keeps bringing up these house blocks in a new development, telling me they have ocean views and that they’ll have great capital gain etc but even if I could afford it, I’m not interested, I’m not that much of a beach girl myself, I love the mountains and the creeks. Our place would be perfect if it was closer to a creek – all we’ve got is a huge croc infested river. But there’s the most beautiful creeks not too far away, one day I’m going to have a block right near one.

On the weekend Izzy’s basketball coach happened to mention they were aiming to clean up their 3 acre block to sell, I took the boys for a swim after their training and swung by it …mmmm, something to ponder on.

I had the full real estate bug there for a while – so far I have a house block at Mission Park Estate, a three bedroom house at Mount Tambourine, an acreage in Feluga, I own 105 English St, Cairns, a pole home in a canopy of trees out the back of Edmonton, lot 130 - Redlynch Valley Estate and the freehold on a shop in Kuranda.

Great portfolio hey? Except it’s all in my DREAMS!!! I should have been looking back in the 90’s when the market was actually affordable!!

No. Doctor Happy says to really value and make use of what you already have and I think that’s sound advice – for now…

No comments: