Sunday, April 8, 2007

One set of Clackers, Coming Up!

Anakin is 9 months old today. YAY – he’s been out of the womb as long as he was in! This is what he hears a lot of:

“What are ya eatin’ that for? Paper/dirt clods/leaves/grass/ isn’t food Bubby!”
“Thanks for that Bub, nice hairstyle”
“Aww! Did ya have to kick me in the boob?”
“What’s up Chuppa Chup?”
“Hey Fatty!”
“You’re a smart, smart Baby”
“Hello Love”
“What’s your story Bajori?”
“Are you a hungry-bungry?”“BEGERKI!”
“Leave your hat on Bubby!”
“Watch your fingers”
“Careful…”
“You had a big sleepy Darling Baby”
"Cute Bum. Cute Bum."
“Want some Titty?”
“Where’s Izzy?”
“Bye-bye Daddy”
“Don’t stick you hand in the potty Bub!!”
“Wash your hands..”

Yesterday was our initial TV/computer/Xbox free day, that will be ongoing each week on a Wednesday or Tuesday (haven’t decided yet). It was really nice. We mucked around outside and Iz played with the new neighbours, we had a game of charades, a game of yahtzee and footmassages too. The plan being that Izzy will come to realize that we have more fun on the days we aren’t all taking turns being glued to a screen.

Actually I spent most of the day in bed with a fever, my period and a broken tooth. It kinda sucked for me. I was convinced I had dengue fever or something but I woke up this morning all good.

‘Cept I got bad news from the dentist – I need a root canal that’s going to cost me a small fortune. Story of my life – I think I could just do with a set of clackers! Save myself some money in the long run! She gave me the ultimatum – extraction or root canal, thinking I’d never come back if she gave me a chance to mull it over (I hate dental work!), I told her to pull it, but just after administering the second needle she informs me that the post crown next to it may well come out with it! I’m like WTF! I’m not that keen on the gummy look! So now I have to start saving!

I was smiling at myself in the review mirror on the way home and my teeth a really nice to a certain extent, but then if you actually get a look inside it’s like “Holy sh*t! Close ya mouth up PLEASE!!” When I don’t have my ID, I offer the bouncers a look inside my mouth and ask “do these look like the teeth of a 17 year old?”

I’m attracted to teeth too. Greg’s got the spunkiest teeth – the b*st*rd! When he got his mouth guard made up for basketball I treasured his mould! He’s got these perfect little square teeth. I love tapping on them with my fingernail, but it annoys him bigtime and he squeezes his lips together. Killjoy, makes me want to do it even more!!

A Killjoy and a b*st*rd in one paragraph, poor guy, he’s not even here to defend himself. Nasty.

My poor teeth, they’re like a threatened species. You can make a donation to save them if you like.

No comments: