Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thems the Breaks

Wow, it’s been a while. Our keyboard went cactus about a week ago, Greg got a deal with the Good Guys so we’ve a newy and a spare now. But Nicholas has been generous with sharing his downloads so the boys have been hogging the computer watching wrestling and episodes of LOST. I can’t wait to start watching juicy episodes of NipTuck! “Anakin Christian” – I am a fan.

Yes, after reaffirming to Greg how lucky we have been with Anakin and what a seriously healthy little fella he is he came down with a fever over the weekend and noticeably increased breathing and heart rate. It didn’t really phase him too much, he happily reclined with a bottle of water or dozed away on the boobiejuice. But then on Saturday arve I put him down so I could get changed in the spare room and he picked up a coat hanger and somehow managed to fully hook himself under the tongue with it. Must of hurt so much – it bled pretty bad and after that he just couldn’t latch onto boobie at all – he couldn’t make the right shape with his tongue – it was so sad!! He cried and cried and I was so upset about it. Thankfully his Dad was on the way home from Cairns and helped settle him a lot. I couldn’t sleep all night being so worried, he tried and tried to have a feed but his tongue just wouldn’t let him, he’d just put his mouth over it and that’s about all he could do – he kept trying one and then the other. I thought it was going to be a real nightmare all night but he was that worn out every time he’d wake he seemed content enough just to snuggle against one and twiddle with the other as I pat him back to sleep. I think each time he was asleep enough for his suckling reflex to kick in he’d jerk with the pain in his mouth. POOR BABY! Finally at about 3.30 he managed a really good feed – he must have been starving by then! My boobs where about to explode and the milk was flowing as soon as he put his mouth to it so he just started sucking – I was SO relieved! I was entertaining all these horrible thoughts about his tongue healing the wrong way and him never being able to suck again! It was horrible and disempowering not being able to put him on the boob for a bit of comfort like I'm used to.

Anyway, the two Dads where here to look after each of their boys the following morning and I got to ride my pushie to the markets with Mum. That was a nice reprieve. (Except for Mum continuously pointing out all the spelling and grammatical errors on everyones homemade signs.) I bought a heap of delicious persimmons and an abiu tree. I couldn’t stop eating the whole time I was there either – vege curry puffs and spring rolls and sticky rice – yum! On the ride home we dropped in at Nicks and had a quick cuppa and a swim in the pool – it was almost afternoon by the time I got home and my underused boobs felt like extremely sore rocks! Bubby had been a good boy for his Daddy but understandably clingy – I don’t think Greg got much of a chance to even put him down all morning. I put him to sleep with a big feed, read the paper and ate some more…(I’ve got a big tape worm named Anakin!)

Well, I didn’t time my sideline project to well – just as a professional little Beauty House offering relaxation massage opened up at the beach about 7 k’s away, in a much more central location. Oh well – thems the breaks.

My girlfriend sent me some of the lovely sigs she has just taught herself to make - I thought well if that's how good her first ones turned out I'll give it a crack. And it so happened that my brother had installed some deadly version of Adobe Photshop for me that very morning - Well! It's totally beyond me!! I can't even understand what they're trying to tell me in the help tutorials!! I need to do a whole TAFE course on that program I reckon - it seems so incredibly complicated, I just need someone to SHOW me! I need to start with the basics!

No comments: