Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Chocolate and Poo Spread

This year, Isaiah notified me that I wasn’t allowed to modify his chocolate intake on Easter day – I was to let him take ownership of his own ingestion. So that’s how it was, it was a bit of a risk considering on Easters gone by he’s consumed so much he had liquid chocolate dribbling out of his nose. (And that was with me keeping an eye on him!) Ouch! But he did quite sensibly considering the quantity of his booty. We’re going to be eating chocolate for a month! (Well that wouldn’t be much of a change anyway!)

Anakin even got a taste in – just a couple of little token specks of white chocolate was all. He got Sherlock Hemlock and Guy Smiley to suck on instead. And in the middle of the night I remembered that a couple of years back I bought this beautiful-fluffy-baby-Easter–bunny-suit. I got Greg up to help me drag down the fancy-dress suitcase and found it in there. Yay – how would ya be - just the right size for Bubby. He made such a cute Easter Bunny.


I was traumatized by a poo-smearing incident yesterday. Bubby was on the potty in the bathroom squeezing one out, so I took the time to quickly put a load of laundry on. By the time I got back to him…I think you know how the rest goes…yuck, all round his mouth, over his hands, on his shirt and the floor…eeww!! He probably noticed a couple of the mulberries Dad has been feeding him in there and got a bit hungry for them. YUCK!! Never in all my days have I had to deal with poo spread on a baby’s face. Anakin went straight for a rinse and then into a bubble bath – I was so grossed out I reckon I had him cleaned up in about 10 seconds flat! He was bawling his eyes out because of all the revolted sounds I was making to try and teach him that’s not something he should ever do again! I fed him some grapes and a big drink of water to get the poo taste out of his mouth. It’s been really smelly with his teething too…

I’m sorry, I hope you weren’t eating…

Greg’s off to pick up the outdoor furniture, he reckons he’s going to buy a set of scales while he’s there. Before I had Anakin I was 50-51kg, I think I went up to about 62 while I was preggas. I haven’t weighed myself since so I’m curious. I reckon I’ll be about 55. As long as I’m making plenty of milk for Bubby and he’s fat and healthy I’m not too worried. I like being an eating maCHINE!! At the moment I’m addicted to Wattle Valley Chilli and Cashew dip with seaweed crackers – Man it’s good, ya gotta try it!

No comments: