Saturday, April 7, 2007

Charmed, I'm Sure

I googled an old boyfriend yesterday and then sent him an email. I’ve been dreaming about him a fair bit since Bub was born. I think it’s because I’m such a proud Mum and would like them to meet. He replied this morning with all of his good news too. He has a new CD which is getting airplay on TripleJ and he’s just recorded some mandolin for a Planet Arc song along with all these other Aussie muso’s like Missy Higgins and John Butler. Sounds like he’s in a real good place. He’s all “Praise Jah” and “Be Blessed” but I don’t suffer from crucial backlash against the positive New Age movement as much as I once did so that was kinda nice. It’s nice hey?

I broke a filling yesterday. Now I’ve got a lacerated tongue from the sharp corners in my mouth. You’d be excused for thinking I’m somewhat challenged in the area of speech the way I’m speaking – trying not to move my tongue around too much (nothing stops me from eating though!) I look like those stupid girls from “Charmed” who won’t open their mouths up properly to speak. They clench there teeth so you can’t tell that the show has a bodgy audio cuer! I’ve got a miserable toothache now n I hate dentists!

We met the new neighbours yesterday. YES! new neighbours Snoop got off the chain and raced over there to meet the big dog the owners were trying to control in their yard so we all raced over to make sure there wasn’t any trouble. Once we dragged Snoop home and tied him up we introduced ourselves. They have three kids - a boy the same age as Iz and may be in his grade 6 class today. Izzy instantly summised he had to be into WWE when he saw him barreling over the 3 three year old little brother with what looked to be one of Batista’s finishers. And then there was a cutie in grade three. I told her she’d be fine tomorrow that her teacher will be Miss B – my Mum, and not to be too nervous, she’s just the witch who lives on top of the hill, she’s not interested in eating little girls, only dogs and boys. Then Greg tried playfully roughing up their dog but it started growling and barking and circling us and then I got sh*t scared when I found out it was a rottie (only one year old but already half the size of me!) Because this is what a totally unprovoked rottweiler did to me last year:

So I ran away home to find smoke billowing from the house. I’d forgotton, I’d just began heating the olive oil to cook some eggplant when we all went outside to chase the dog! Me and Iz choked our way through the house switching on exhaust fans and ceiling fans and then we had to stay outside until the smoke cleared. The whole meet n greet was like a bloody episode of Faulty Towers. Crazy!

No comments: