Monday, April 2, 2007

Sewing and Reasons to Cycle

Well I finally pulled out the sewing machine and had a go at making Bubby a pair of pants last night. I just freehanded a pattern and if he wasn’t wearing a big clothy they’d fit him really nicely, but I’ll adjust the pattern a bit so they have a bit more waist and roomy around the tush. It was fun, now all my hippy skirts and sarongs are at risk of being chopped up if I don’t make it to the fabric shop sometime soon.

I’m thinking I’m going to have to introduce a policy at our place where there is one computer/Xbox/TV free day each week. Maybe a Wednesday. We can play Yahtzee and Monopoly make brownies or a fire and kick the footy and stuff instead. Izzy has recently rejected story time in place of falling asleep to wrestling DVD’s so now I feel like I barely even have any quality time with him. He’s going to Auntie Nicks this arve so I won’t even see him after school. At least when he’s mucking around with his cousins he’s not watching TV. Hopefully I’ll talk him into coming to dancing with me, then I’ll get a chance to have an uninterrupted catchup with him on the drive.

Have to do some Easter shopping tomorrow, I’m expecting another big houseful this weekend – friends that want to camp in the yard, fellas to help with the shed. Izzy’s dad is coming back down, his band’s got a gig down the road on Saturday night so he’ll crash out in Izzy’s room and be here for Easter too. I need to do up Izzy’s basket – I’m thinking Lindt bunnies and Red Tulip assortments, a couple of little Egg Flips for Bubby and a big assortment of things to go on the table all weekend, Ferrero Rochers, Cadbury mini’s, hotcross buns….

Speaking of chocolate, me and Izzy melted some Calebout down the other night and blended it with cream and then dipped thin slivers of pineapple into it. Oh Man! It was so good. Yum!! I love good food.

I’ve started doin 15 minutes a day on the spinner. Doesn’t sound like much but Greg reckons “that’s all it takes”. I’m wondering “that’s all it takes to do what?” Change the shape of my sausage roll legs? Reduce the size of the muffin top? Counteract the lashings of cream I eat everyday? I think he means to increase my overall fitness levels. He knows he’d be mad to answer a question like that anyway, every answer would be wrong, I’m a girl afterall.

Anakin has started to pull himself up to standing lately! But the one thing that makes me feel like he’s really growing up outta sight is that little top toothie peg poking through. (And the other is following close behind.) He’s been hugging me real tight but only so he can bite my shoulder!

No comments: