Thursday, April 5, 2007

Too Deadly

My littlest fella has two front teeth! And he’s popping them out no worries at all! Now he can bite his own grapes in half. He’s good on the fang too that boy. Besides boobie, all Izzy wanted to eat when he was Anakin’s age was sultanas. But Bubby hooks into pawpaws and passionfruit and abius and fig porridge and avocados and cheese and banana and gojis and mulberries, he’s a scoff artist! Like me.

He’s crawling now too!! He doesn’t use his knees though, he sits on his bum with his hands out front, he leaves one leg crooked in front and uses his hands and the other leg to motor himself along. (I think a visual aide is needed to accompany that dodgy explanation.) And he does the commando crawl too. When he’s shirtless you can hear his chubby guts squeaking along on the lino.He’s such a honeybunny.

He always reacts to things with these big round eyes and he purses his lips and does breathy Who Whos. Izzy has very meaningful dialogues with him (it all in the facial expressions).

“Who?”

“Who!”

“Who Who!”

For a couple of days there though it was like he was possessed by someone totally different and it was this “Gobbledy-gobbledy-gurgly-gogly” interjected with Kalihari bushman like clicks and tocks. It was hilarious.

He’s nearly nine months old, 10 kilos and still hasn’t seen a sick day either! (I’ve said it now, cringing inwardly and hoping I’m not setting us up for a jinx) He had thrush on his tongue for about two days when he was a newborn, a blister on his big toe once from I don’t know what, a bellyache from a green banana and a bit of a shiner from a stack. I’ve given him panadol twice when he was stressing and probably just overtired but I didn’t know what else to do. That’s it! He’s never seen a doctor for anything since the day he was born! I’m so proud of him. He’s a little machine!

Well if the scales are correct I weigh in at 54 kilos. My normal body weight is 50. I won’t loose any sleep over the extra. I’m putting my faith in Vanilla’s theory that when Anakin weans I’ll promptly loose about two of them. The ones I’m hanging onto incase of a potential famine. I’ll just wait around patiently until then. Then I’ll see what I have to do about the other couple, probably not much, my body’s pretty good at finding it’s way back to it’s ideal weight no matter what I do or how much food and Easter eggs I stuff inside it.

No comments: