Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Stranger than Kindness

Greg is in the habit of inviting people to stay that I’ve never even met before and then they bring people that neither of us have even met before. Sometimes I’m okay with it, sometimes preceding their arrival it’s like “Who ARE these people again??” “Where are they all going to fit Greg??” “Look, I don’t want to know – it’s your thing, you deal with it!”

But the latest house guest is awesome – he can come back and stay any old time! He plays with the baby, he made beautiful veggie risotto for tea, he vacuums and hangs up nappies, he washes dishes and fixed the internet connection lead. He found my missing mobile phone! He instigated an investigation into the dodgy plumbing in the bathroom and whippersnips the yard and helps on the shed. And he’s only been here for two and a half days! When he see what’s for dinner he exclaims “Look at THAT!” He gives you a squeeze and asks if you’re all right or what he can do for you!! He potters around cleaning!!! He’s a genuine honey!!

I teased Greg “You better lift your game I’m getting used to him!” But he teased me back “I’m getting used to him too, YOU better lift YOUR game!” Ha ha.

No comments: