Monday, December 3, 2007

Baubles and Bullacouses

Yep, I eat roast pumpkin skin and all! Greg thinks it's a bit primitive and leaves his behind on the plate but I think I was starving-hungry a lot more frequently than him as a child! I told you I'm from "licking plates clean"! One of the more frequent things out of my mouth was "MUM! I'm FAMISHED!!" The local bush-kids thought we were a bit queer the way we used some French/Flemish words in our everyday speech. Like when everyone else tied their hair back with a "bobble" we used a "bullacous". And I love the word "bauble" Jen 'coz it reminds me of the word "BULLACOUS" and being a hungry little brat in the sticks. Ha ha!

Ruth, I make the yummiest pumpkin soup, I'll have to make some for you and NG when you come visit! Oh and I noticed that AUSTRALIA wasn't on your list of places that you must get to but every other bloody continent was! (See "Thirty Voices" link) I'm assuming that's because you've already been!!

Tiffany your shortbreads and tea were a saving grace.

Thanks for responding girls! It turns out "all my other readers" turned out to be NONE! Ha ha! Shame..

I forgot to mention the awesome caftan I 'thrifted". (Learnt that word from The Ongoing Project (link below too!) It's deep purple and gold and I LOVE IT. I'm even wearing a matching bindi so I'm looking like a hippified Lovechild today!

But I better scrub up later, I'm going in to sign my contract at the Principal's office this arve. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doh! You caught me. How weird is this---right when I was reading your note about not listing Australia, an Australian coworker walked by my desk and said something irrelevant to me in her (you guessed it) Australian Accent! As nice as she is, she and I hardly ever have occassion to speak to one another. It's the universe telling me, "Ruth! Pick up NG and go to see Nadine for lots of beer and fires and pumpkin soup" Yes! I want to come!! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL I am down. Funny I have never been that keen on the idea of going to Australia.. before you kill me Nadine, its because I watched this programme about the 10 deadliest creatures in the world.. guess where they were all from?! AUSTRALIA!!!