Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday Question II

Next question: Do you believe what they say - that "you are more likely to cut yourself with a blunt knife", or like me, do you think if you were actually game enough to use a sharp knife you'd have cut all the tips of your fingers off long ago?

How was your weekend? Mine was busy with extra kids (at one stage I had five 11 year old boys in my tiny lounge room!) and my brother was mooching around our place again apparently "helping Greg with the shed" which in reality translates to drinking with Greg, eating everything in the fridge, calling on us for taxi services at 4 in the morning and sleeping off his hangover in our aircon'ed bedroom.

Mum took us out to dinner last night. Izzy shouldn't have come - he's too use to all you can eat buffets where you pay at the door, make your way directly to the food and stuff yourself sick. For him waiting for his dinner for 40 minutes was downright criminal. And then I ordered him an entree size thinking it would be enough (my bad!), he took about three seconds to eat it so I scrounged him up some pizza and he was still completely unsatisfied. On top of that the bleak artwork hanging on the walls was affecting him in a bad way (he can't handle things provoking his emotions negatively - he thinks those "Angel Flight" adds should be outlawed coz they make you feel depressed. I told you he hates Emo. Imagine how he'd react if I hung an Albert Tucker like this one in his bedroom)


When he got home he was saying to me "Mum, if that place burns down it was a bearded man named Bob Jenkins" I couldn't stop laughing at him all night - he was suffering big time.

Anakin was in hysterics of laughter the other night too. He was playing with a gecko (his latest favourite thing) when it threw it's tail (that's what they do as a defense mechanism when they're scared). So he's picked up this wriggling gecko tail and was holding it out for us to see. Mine and Izzy's reaction was one of total grossed out horror which he thought was pretty cool, so he spent the next half an hour or so chasing us around with this fleshy squirmy apendage while we ran away screaming "Eww!!"

5 comments:

Jenn said...

The knife thing is true - I've only ever cut myself (accidently) with blunt knives and never with our ultra sharp Furis. Blunt knives often slip or roll off of something (especially tomatoes/carrots/round things) and the force that you apply to counter the bluntness decreases your dexterity.

Sharp all the way!

Clare said...

I am with Jenn but I am too squeamish to think about it too much.

@workingwomenaus said...

I'm sporting a fashionable Wiggles bandaid today, courtesy of a sharp knife! But I wasn't using it at the time, it was sitting in the dish drainer!! So Ill go with the "sharp knife theory".

The only blunt knives I can think of in our house are Bella's plastic Ikea ones, so they're not cutting anything ;)

As for A with the Geckos, can you send him my way to clear our blue tongue lizards out of the back yard? They give me the heeby jeebies.

Enjoy your early Christmas celebrations! *said with a tinge of jealousy*

Anonymous said...

"Mum, if that place burns down it was a bearded man named Bob Jenkins"

. . . you've got a very smart & funny young one on your hands. But I guess you don't need me to tell you that.
xoxR

Jenn said...

I'm answering the Monday question on Saturday does this still count?

The knife theory is absolutely true! It takes more pressure and a tighter hold to get a good cut with a dull knife and you are more likely to lose control and cut yourself. Wow, I guess I really did learn something in college afterall.

I love your blog!