Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday, Monday..

I've decided to introduce a Monday survey question. First question: Do you eat roast pumpkin skin and all? Please humour me by leaving your response and waiting with baited breath for next Monday's equally as intriguing question. (Yes, you too Shel. And all those other readers that never leave me a comment!)

Well this is my Christmas tree erection experience (it's pretty miserable compared to everyone elses). Firstly I picked it up off the spare room floor where Anakin has been dragging it around for the last couple of months, chewing off all the fake cherry clusters (or whatever that stuff is suppose to be) and leaving red dye all over his face. It's just a little bonsai sized tree because as I've mentioned before we don't have much storage space so we've been using this tabletop sized one for about 3 years now. Then I took it into Izzy's room where he was playing Need For Speed Dub Edition Remix and tried to illicit some Christmas cheer out of him while I straightened out all the branches. That was unsuccessful as he just glanced at it occasionally, making remarks like "Mum why are you bothering with that little scrap of a tree". Then I sat it up on the table and hung all the little decorations I bought for it (I use the things you thread around the bottom of wine glasses because they make perfect sized ornaments for it), realising that I need about twelve more packets, plus bows and baubles to make it look anywhere near decorative enough since none of last years decorations made it though Anakins oral inquiries! Then over dinner his dad sat him up on the table(!) where he saw a great opening to pull it over and start his sabotage anew!

We had a nightmare trip to Cairns, it was stinking hot and my temper was way hotter! Greg pissed me off at every given moment. Anakin missed out on so much sleep, which always makes me stress out at the best of times. And Izzy did his bit to give me the shits as well (not half as often as Greg though!) I admit I could have handled matters so much more gracefully but I get sick of handling matters - it seems I'm left to handle everything!! That's the friggin' problem!!!! Enough of that though.

I actually managed some great progress on the Xmas shopping front. I bought my other nephew these two awesome books which he is going to LOVE!!


I've already bought a great handbag for my niece filled with heaps of things like bracelets, make up stuff, hairbrushes etc so that's all the niece and nephews taken care off now.

I bought some more stuff for Izzy's stocking (a new cap, a Chasers War on Everything DVD and Stewie Griffin's guide to World Domination)and an animal print doona cover for my brother that looks so stinking hot in this weather but which he wants to make his beautiful cabin in the bush a sexy little love nest for the ladies.

Anakin has been listening to music with Izzy's headphones heaps lately and he's got this most adorable way of miming the lyrics - it looks FOR REAL!! He is so cute.

13 comments:

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Pumpkin has to be skin off. I even cook it without the skin though DH who is the one who cooks 95% of the roasts around here leaves it on.

Our tree is still standing and the grots haven't broken any of the baubles yet. I am in shock.

Jenn said...

Pumpkin has to be skin off. I even cook it without the skin though DH who is the one who cooks 95% of the roasts around here leaves it on.

Our tree is still standing and the grots haven't broken any of the baubles yet. I am in shock.

Anonymous said...

Roast Pumpkin Skin. I have never heard of that! But I love All Things Pumpkin, so now I'm utterly curious. I had a tasty pumpkin soup out last night, but that doesn't count, does it?

Sorry Cairns was a nightmare. Glad you're back.

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin skin - yuck! yuck! yuck!

Yes Cairns is a stinking hole at the moment.. Ah! Love our aircon...

Shel said...

rofl....how in gods name do you even know I come here!!????

I cook pumpkin with skin on, but simply MUST eat it with skin off. To me, it'd be like eating a banana with the skin on.

Jenn said...

At a guess Miss Shel I'd say it's the link on your blog ;)

Jenn said...

I've never had roasted pumpkin (let alone the skin). Pumpkin pie, pumpkin seeds and pumpkin soup, but never roasted pumpkin/skin. I too am curious and when the opportunity presents itself, I'm going to give it a try.

Looking forward to next Monday's question!

Jenn (the smiling yarn lady in Belarus).

@workingwomenaus said...

I'm a few days late for a "Monday question" but I'll answer anyway.

I love pumpkin skin and saw the gorgeous naked Jamie O cook some last night that looked delicious.

I hope your tree survives the silly season. I'm surprised that with all the kids traipsing through our house not one of them has attacked the tree - or the presents underneath!

Kisses said...

Wow a fellow pumkin skin eater, how cool! How is Bella? I can't seem to find your diary anymore.

Thanks for the replies! I managed to provoke comments from two previously silent readers so I'm stoked!

Stay tuned for this Mondays, thought provoking and profound (not!) survey question ;)

Kisses said...

Three, I should say!

@workingwomenaus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KJ said...

Roast pumpkin??? I've never had it! Or heard of anyone eating it! I don't think I'd eat the skin, though.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I just bookmarked you - I'm going to have to come back and read when I have more time!!!