Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hot digs

Anakin met Santa for the first time yesterday. He was walking up the mainstreet of one of the local towns ringing his bell (and NOT singing out "Ho ho ho!"). Anakin's eyes were big round saucers as he shook Santa's white gloved hand. I was brought to distraction feeling sorry for the guy in that ridiculously hot looking suit in the ridiculously stinking hot weather. Anyway under all the white beard he looked like a nice Santa and Anakin enjoyed their little interlude.

I remember when Izzy was Anakins age and we would be hanging out in the shops during the festive seasons I would always have to be on the lookout for Santa (and the Easter Bunny) and get outta there pronto if we saw them coming. The poor boy he would practically have a nervous breakdown in my arms if he caught sight of them, his body would start shaking all over in fear. Totally spun him out. A life sized talking bunny and a massive bearded man dressed completely out of season just didn't add up for him at all! Took him a few years to get over that phobia.

He was a bit of a stress case at times though. I think he was three when he started having these tantrums about aging. He would kick and scream and sob "I don't wanna be old!! I don't wanna be a Grandpa!!! I don't wanna get wrinkles and die!!! AHRRR!!!"

I don't think Anakin's going to turn out to be so complex as Izzy. Izzy is all cerebral. Anakin's totally physical.

Izz had his school breakup concert last night and this little girl energetically bouncing out the nutbush with her cute little crop of curls bouncing up and down along with her made me want Greg's daughter bad. That feeling comes and goes a lot. The problem is I want one that's already half grown up. Going on grade 4 or so. Reckon Santa will bring me one for Christmas?

3 comments:

@workingwomenaus said...

Hve you written to the fat joly man in the red suit asking for a pink bundle aged 8? You never know...(lol)

We had a Christmas party yesterday, and about 5 of the kids were whisked away in fits of hysteria at Santa's arrival! The poor things.

Only one sleep until the new hairdo. Pics please!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Make a little girl with copper curls and caramel eyes for me to play with and spoil silly when we visit!!!

Anonymous said...

I can sooo relate . . . when I see a little child that looks like Andy, my clock starts ticking big time.

Then I think, Can we skip all the work of the whole infant phase? A walking talking person of the--"I'm going to go read myself to sleep now, Mommy"--variety is about all I have the energy for.