Monday, December 17, 2007

Cock-a-doodle-DON'T!

I asked my brother for some help with a good Monday survey question and he wanted me to ask if you looked at your poo in the toilet bowl before you flush it. I said "EWW!! NICHOLAS!! They're all ladies!! They're not going to want to answer a question like that!!! They'll think I'm depraved" But oddly he's kinda made me curious...JOKING!! Oh and that reminds me, he also wanted to know if you get turned on by inanimate objects. That one has got me thinking..

Anyway, my question for you today is: (And thank-you for last week, I think I'm going to have to replace all my dud knives with some sharp ones!) Do you collect anything specifically? My sister is a big collector, she has a beautiful collection of teddy bears and teapots. I'm not too into it, all I have is a collection of Izzy's baby teeth! Oh and I've collected a pile of commemorative 50cent pieces. What about you?

Greg bought me the most beautiful set of bikini's yesterday! The top is a moulded triangle 50's style halter and the bottoms are a pair of roll top boy legs with side ruching. They are so modest but really flattering. I love em!! They're a lot like these but the bottoms aren't so skimpy and the fabric on mine has a black background with an abstract palm frond print in different shades of green.
As Izzy would say "Cool Clarky!"

About my chicken in the laundry; me and Greg woke up to this garbled sounding "Cock-a-doodle-doo!!" a couple of mornings ago and half asleep we responded simultaneously "Oh no. It's a rooster!" Shit. We were hoping to get some eggs any day now.

8 comments:

Blythe said...

Nope, no collecting here. Used to collect erasers as kid!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely nothing. If it's not used in 6 months in my world, it's gone.

Although I have lots of books...and they seem to breed constantly - so yes, I will say I collect books.

None in particular though; just books!! :) Love your hair too BTW - I think it looks ace shorter.

Kisses said...

HEY LIME!! Great to see you pop up! YES, I was hooked on rubbers too, you made me remember! I think I had one shaped as a hamburger - I wish I could remember the rest. It was the start of a lifelong stationary addiction.

Slidgerw - I know how you feel, unnecessary possessions get me down too. I'm pretty good at giving books away and I'm a big fan of the library. Hey let me know if your books suddenly breed one called "Hanta Yo", I've been after that one for ages! You wouldn't catch me giving that one away! Only on loan.

Clare said...

I too used to collect all sorts of things as a kid but these days I am trying to be less of pack rat - that is what happens when you live in a 600 square foot apartment! :D

Jenn said...

My husband is a neat freak so when we got married most of my "stuff" was downsized. My Precious Moments are in my parents attic.

I collect Matryoshka dolls and the New England Christmas Village.

Does a yarn stash count as a collection?

Anonymous said...

I hope a yarn stash doesn't count! YIKES!!!
I do collect Clement Moore "Twas the night before Christmas" books. I have a way-cool pop-up one and one that is told from the perspective of a mouse.

I try not to add more than 2 books per holiday so that the collection doesn't overrun the house!

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas! I didn't take the time to mention before, but the pics are great! Your kiddos are adorable & your new hair cut is way pretty!

On to today's question: Collection? I don't have an official collection. But the truth is, I think I collect books. There's a steady stream of incoming books at this apartment. Running out of room.

@workingwomenaus said...

How gorgeous is your new do?! Fab!

I collect antique pill boxes. I say they're for Bella *blush* but they're really my obsession. Every time we go away, we buy one as a momento for her collection. She has about 25 at the moment in all different shapes and sizes.

I'm a minimalist, so don't collect anything else!

As for your brother's questions...*wink*

Merry Christmas!