Friday, December 28, 2007

Since Christmas

Well Christmas has been and gone and ours was like many other I suppose - sweating it out in our furry Christmas hats while stuffing ourselves with way too much food, trying to rig up some makeshift cooling mechanisms in the ridiculously hot weather and of course ending the daylight hours with some sporting activity - in our case trying not to loose the soccer ball down Mum's 80 degree mountainside ...

My brother Nicholas arrived here early Christmas morning with a couple of six packs of Woodstocks, so my plans of a quiet, snuggly, Christmas morning with Greg and Bubby (and Izzy on speakerphone) went out the window, he blared his personal play list out of the computer all morning and when I made my stern request for carols he put on South Park's Christmas Special. GRRR!

The food, as always was exceptional. Except instead of trying our luck in finding the gold coins inside the pudding it was finding-the-tip-of-Biggy's-finger-inside-the-coleslaw. (Just joking. He assured us he already fished it out before he added the mayo'.) All in all, a very noice day.

As I was telling Izzy on the phone the other day, the rooster has gone absolutely feral. It crows all hours of the day and night. It humps thongs. If you go through the front door and come too close to his beloved thongs he swoops in, grabs a hunk of the skin on top of your foot with it's beak and latches on with venom! Friggin' hurts too!! Picture me, shaking off this rooster who takes a piece of my flesh with it, screaming in rage, picking up one of his darling shoes (probably with a mound of rooster jism on it) and pegging it full speed, meeting my target fair and square with a spray of feathers! This place is a circus!

Anakin's language development has accelerated to the max. I've started teaching him Wiggles songs like "Hot Potato" that have hand movements that go with it. Yesterday I bought him a Wiggles Concert DVD - besides some cricket and tennis, So You Think You Can Dance and Survivor, it's the only telle he's watched. I think he's going to be a full Wiggles convert, just like Izzy was ten years ago.

A tip for the ladies - if you want to keep your man inside the house to help with the baby and the housework rather than dissappearing out to the shed etc, just get around the house with no gear on. They can't drag themselves away! Ha ha. It's been working for me for the last hour or so...(I do have astounding breasts...JOKE!)

I've been trying to pinpoint the unwritten rules I live by for a writing challenge for Thirty Voices. Man, I can't come up with much. I must be completely undisciplined or something.

Izzy's been having a blast with his dad. They've been to Luna Park, swimming at Bondi and are planning to climb the bridge.

And that reminds me Paul and his girlfriend tracked down a rare copy of my favourite book "Hanta Yo" for me! I can't wait to get my hands on it when Izzy brings it back home. What an awesome present. If they start reading it before Iz leaves though, they're never going to want to give it to me...it's THAT good!

I came home from the shops with negative 65 cents in my account yesterday. I thought I was keeping myself in check, avoiding the aisle with the half price 1000 threadcount sheets and everything. Besides Anakin's DVD I ended up getting Izzy a big Zebra stripe mat that goes well with his new cotton doona cover, as I'd been wanting to revamp his room a bit while he was away and a very well priced weights bench for Greg which (since realising the urgent state of my finances) he will be paying me back for! I think I can stop spending money now and just look forward to making some!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol Nicholas you South Park fiend!

"Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo
Small and brown he comes from you
Sit on the toilet here he comes
Squeeze him 'tween your festive buns"

Enough to turn you of your Christmas Truffles!

Kinky chook there too BTW! Maybe you should by it a rubber chook - just so he doesnt get confused!

Anonymous said...

So in the US we have generally stopped calling those shoes thongs because every time you do people snicker (giggle). It's because of the underwear of the same name!

How do you get buy with nudey housework and the kids?

International Lunchbox said...

I sorry I don't know how else to get ahold of you but I was curious if you might write a piece for a site I am working on www.International Lunchbox.com
I got to your site from 30 women.

If you have any questions let me know, my email is on the site.

Thanks,
Anna

Clare said...

I too have been stuck on that thirty voices challenge. I havent come up with much. We need Ruth to post hers for inspiration..