Friday, December 14, 2007

Jingle Bell Joe the Jolly Elf

That was Izzy's pen name when he replied to one of the Grade 1's Santa letters on Wednesday. How cute. I'm always going to think of him as Jingle Bell Joe now and laugh.

Another late night, but I'm all ready for the kids early present opening session in the morning. Oh, except that Izzy's new tramp is still in the box! Greg has crashed-out super early. Apparently his big day spent at home alone with Anakin has completely drained him. (I hope he has a new found appreciation of what I accomplish every day!) I've tried to wake him several times but he's not budging. We'll have to do it early in the morning. I can't wait! I've bought Anakin this most beautiful baby-boy doll and I know he's going to love it so much!

Well I like what she did to my hair! (Sorry Kim, no pics yet my camera is on the blink) I just look more like my profile picture again really. Except it's even shorter still. She used a razor for the entire cut, in a kinda freestyle way and it's been coloured for the first time in for ages! A dark chocolaty colour and some caramel too. Except she put some fine, really light foils through it here and there and I dunno about the contrast! I would prefer it without I think! Anyway I've got to give the girl credit, I was completely indecisive when I arrived and she managed to talk it out with me and negotiate all my mixed messages, bear with me when I messed it all up playing around with it midcut, take my criticisms and follow my instructions while probably going against her own creative urges and make me a fairly well satisfied customer! Legendary!

The kids and I dressed in our Christmas clobber (Mum's word) and went down to the Village Green Christmas Party last night. Santa's last word before he headed off in his 4WD was to Anakin! He said "Bye-bye little fella" and rubbed his arm. How cool. The kids looked sweet and had tourists taking happysnaps of them (a bit strange) while we were eating our fishermans' basket dinner. On the way home we did a bit of a drive around to look at lights while playing Christmas carols on the car stereo. It was fun. I'm determined to get in as much Christmassy stuff with Izzy as I can before he heads of down South!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jingle Bell Joe! I love it. Sounds like your haircut is delicious. Post pix when you can. Kisses!

Jenn said...

I'd love to see your new cut. I'm having hair issues myself right now.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Anakin has an exceptional imagination.... I wonder if he'll be a writer someday.

Happy to hear you like the cut. Your description:

"Anyway I've got to give the girl credit, I was completely indecisive when I arrived and she managed to talk it out with me and negotiate all my mixed messages, bear with me when I messed it all up playing around with it midcut, take my criticisms and follow my instructions while probably going against her own creative urges and make me a fairly well satisfied customer! Legendary!"

is FANTASTIC. You perfectly capture what it's like.

Happy Christmas Celebration today!

Anonymous said...

Both my kids love Santa, the Easter Bunny, any suited character! Lullibell wouldn't leave Santa alone her first holiday-kept crawling past everyone to get to him!

Hope you love your new cut!