Monday, September 3, 2007

Floaties, and not the kind kids use for swimming..

Greg and I had some child-free time after dinner last night which lead to his pursuit of me into the shower. It got lovely and steamy, we ran a bath (we only need about three inches of water because once Greg lowers in his 2 meter tall self it comes right up to the top!) and added some honey and baking soda (I’ve been using a combination of common household ingredients on my skin since the purchase of the block the budget doesn’t allow for normal facial skincare products!) Greg even brought us in a glass of my favourite red wine to enjoy. Which I was, until I discovered…FLOATIES! (Just in my wine glass.) Sick!

Now I must explain I don’t live in a grotto or anything, but it’s not like I polish the glassware either – he’d pulled this one right from the back of the cupboard and failed to give it a rinse or even glance into it as he was pouring apparently, because I’m sure I swallowed some old cockroach legs or two, maybe the shell of a baby gecko egg… Oh man that’s so gross. I haven’t got the most refined palate and I only enjoy one measly wine – it’s a seasonal Brown Brothers sweet red, “Cienna”, tastes just like cherries, it’s so delicious and if this little floaty incident has turned me off it that nice time in the tub with Greg was so not worth it! Grrr!

Anakin joined his first “Playgroup” yesterday. It was heaps of fun playing with him on all the equipment and seeing his reaction as he sat with a bunch of other Littles for fruit time and singing. I nearly cried watching his precious face. He has loved cars for ages and wants to spend all his time in ours – turning the hazard lights on and off, dancing or relaxing to the music on the stereo, throwing around all Greg’s “pie money”. So he spent most of his playgroup time with me zooming him around on this:


It was a bit of a struggle keeping him awake during his feed before we left and then on the way down there as it’s on just as he would usually be having his first sleep. To tell you the truth it’s not his “first” sleep but rather his “only” sleep these days. But I’m trying my hardest to be in denial about that!

My 14year old niece has moved to Mum’s for a while, so her and Izzy are now in walking distance of each other. They caught up here for the arvie and then spent the night up there playing Uno and stuff. It’ll be so nice having her around more. She calls Anakin “Little Nicky”. That means there’s Aunty Nick, Uncle Nicholas and Little Nicky.

Iz had me in stitches this morning doing an impression of the little girl next door – her Mum reckons she has anger management issues because she flies off into these fits of rage where she goes red in the face and tears instantly start squirting out of her eyes and you can almost see the steam rising up off her – anyway, Iz does his thing – he sings a line of all these songs and joins them together in a single stream and does all the dance movements to go with it. He starts off singing an Usher song (doing the smooth moves) and runs it into “old Grandma, she ain’t what she used to be…” (dacking himself and knocking his knees in and out” and then "don't touch me coz I'm electric..(accompanied by the robot) and it goes on and on, interjected with random noises and some meditation mantra that apparently her dad uses to try and calm her down. Poor girl, I shouldn’t laugh but he’s a total crack-up.

1 comment:

JT said...

Wow! Your blog is great, too. I have to tell you about a great natural mask I discovered (you might not be worried too much about wrinkles, but I am obsessed!)...Just mash up half a banana and put it on your skin. Works wonders. Your kids are cute. Looking forward to reading more...I linked back to ya.