Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Stupid Drunk Girl that's not really Me

I had a dream this morning that I was the obnoxious drunk girl you always see at a party. I was greeting all the sober newcomers by grabbing them around the middle and jumping up and down with them. I was making foreign-language-speaking backpackers do schoolyard clapping games with me that they had no idea about. I was eating dry biscuits and accidentally blowing the crumbs out all over peoples’ lips while talking too loudly about nothing. There was a young dance troupe fundraising as entertainment, of course I was trying to join in the routine and making a complete wanker of myself. Total cringe material… I never was that girl by the way. Well, not that I can remember…

Nick had business with Dixon homes yesterday so phoned me early in the morning with an invitation for me and Bubby to go shopping in Cairns with her. It so happened that I’d just been drawing up a September calendar and penning in all our commitments and wondering when the dickens I was going to be able to buy Izzy’s birthday presents. So we dropped Iz off at school and off we went with Auntie Nick.

Having a relaxing browse through the shops proved difficult with Bubby, yet again. Poor kid hates shopping at the best of times but was suffering pretty bad with his teeth (he has four molars all coming through together!), he didn’t want to eat much and kept pointing into his mouth and complaining. Auntie Tiff bought him Saxon the Snake to cheer him up and we did our best to keep him happy, by sitting him on every bloody ride in the whole shop and hiring one of those little buggies to cruise around in, which came with some complimentary make-up and half a squashed sausage roll. Luckily I didn’t have too much of an agenda, I was able to get exactly what I wanted for Izzy straight away and then cruising around entertaining Bubby’s little fancies was fine. I’m having to deal with op-shopping withdrawals though, maybe the opportunity will present itself next time.

Family night is here tonight. First time! We’re having a big curry with rice and pappadums and condiments, followed by Belgian waffles…And I’ve already had left over Alfredo for breakfast followed by a chocolate chip scone and one and a half kettles of green tea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How the dickens do you stay so skinny when you eat so much!!! You're a bleedin' trouper!

xx