Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I Heart Blogs

I'm totally wrapped up in this whole blog thing at the moment. I must admit my technological nous is fairly retarded so I'm only just catching on to certain things. I remember our first computer back in '87 was rewired so we could plug it into a cigarette lighter because we only had 12 volt' power. All I used it for was to play "Scavenger Hunt". There was one at our little bush school and all I used that for was "Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego?", which gave me a whole new vocabulary schema - "Rookie", "Super Sleuth"... loved that shit. At Uni' I was forced to use them for blackboard groups and email, but really I only used them effectively for word processing assignments.

Being a SAHM with the internet and a digital camera (and a baby who actually sleeps occasionally, unlike my first one) has really opened me up to the many and glorious uses for this overheated, recently dusted old Dell.

EB was a bit of a fixation while I was preggas. Now I'm loving decorating and posting in my blog and especially reading the other gems I've come across. I haven't had to borrow a book from the library for a while. I'm just sorry I can't take Miss Bea's blog to bed at night. Before kids I always wrote letters. (Tell me if I'm wrong, but that box full of letters you mentioned Tiff, in 100 facts about you, that's got to be 3 quarters mine?) Blogging is giving me the satisfaction of touching bases with friends like writing letters did. But now there's the opportunity to learn about the lives of people from all persuasions and walks of life, first account. It's so interesting. It totally satisfies my voyeuristic tendency, well maybe not totally tottally...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barharharhar

Yep lovie - three quarters yours!

x

Anonymous said...

Awww. I love reading your blog, too! It's so interesting to read about the day-to-day life of people halfway around the world, no? And there is the amazing thought that life really is not so different in the human existence. Plus, there are all the cute differences in language (even when you speak, ostensibly, the same one). Hearts.

Jenn said...

I'm obsessed :D

Happy Birthday to Izzy!!!

Sorry about the formatting on my post - having issewes with blogspot