Sunday, September 30, 2007

Shirts Off!

We headed up to Cairns after Greg knocked off work on Friday arve. He drove and I drank a couple of beers. I had it in my head I needed to go out dancing and texted every date-candidate I could think of, but no-one had their dancing shoes on – poor me. After we put the kids to bed at Uncle Christo’s I ended up at a Karaoke party over the fence and sang my first ever Karaoke song – “True Colours” by Cyndi Lauper (but you already knew that), then I backed that performance up with “Ring of Fire”, “Last Kiss” and some Averil Lavigne song. It was good fun. Not quite bustin-a-move in some overcrowded sweaty club though. Greg said he’d try and score some Silverchair/Powderfinger tickets for me for this weekend – that’d well and truly satisfy my need to go out raging.

We watched him scrimmage at the Fishtank on Sunday (he happened to be in the “no shirts” team so that was all good for me) and it looks like he’s going to enter the Superleague Basketball comp’ – that means a 2 hour drive to Cairns every weekend for the next 8 weeks!

Greg’s been encouraged to get into TAFE teaching, for all the apprentices doing fabrication. I think all he needs to do is the “train-the-trainer-training” certificate and then he’d be able to. He briefly contemplated doing a Bachelor of Ed but I reminded him of the MASSIVE amounts of reading that’s involved and although I’d help him out as much as I could I just don’t reckon he’d like all the theory. He’s way too practical – he couldn’t stand it. Anyway I think it’s just part of his plan to get us back up to Cairns where most of our friends are. I’ve got two cousins up there as well and Greg has heaps of family there. Mmmm – we’ll see… It’s just so beautiful here – he’d have to find us an equally beautiful place to live right near the botanical gardens or out near Crystal Cascades. We’d have to pack up all our stuff n rent this house out. Izzy would have to change schools. It’d be a massive big deal. Going to Rusty’s Markets every weekend’d be bloody good though and it’d be nice to get away from the plague of March flies that have just taken over this place...

Anyway I got to get an op-shop in Yay! I spent a bit too much but got some cool stuff including a little Wayne Cooper number.

Me and Iz pulled the juicer out of it’s hiding place this morning and made up a load of pinapple, apple, orange and carrot juice. It was yarr-mee!

Better get going. In the words of JT “mas later bitches”.

No comments: