Sunday, September 9, 2007

Hungry...less hungry

Okay, I started. On day one Greg and his brother begged me to go with them to the all-you-can eat bistro for dinner but I flat out refused, still sickened by the memory of my over-gorged feeling from the night before.

Instead, for the day I ate: a handful of cashews, almonds and walnuts, a banana a small avocado, a lime and a little bowl of pasta. I’ll tell ya – I was starvin’-hungry all day, being used to eating all that in one sitting!

Yesterday I went with Nick and Anakin for a visit to Nana and Granddads’, we saw my Great Uncle Dick and Auntie Dawnie, Dad and Pep (my brother’s dad).

While there I resisted Tina wafers, I resisted fruit cake, I resisted ham and tomato sandwiches and ate paw-paw, a banana and a dried pear instead. Then I got home and ate a gigantic salad and tuna wrap. That did me for the rest of the day. (Except for a yummy macadamia shortbread with my green tea after the kids bedtime.)

Today I’ve had a kiwi fruit and another dried pear. I’m heaps less hungry than I was on day one that’s for sure. My stomach has had to of reduce down a bit from its football size!

I don’t want to compromise the quality of my breastmilk though but I’m figuring if it needs a little more fat content it can just tap into the great stores I have all around my middle!

Been loving the coverage of the US Open the last two days. Bubby’s not interested in watching telle but he does pay attention to the tennis and the footy every now and again.

We went out to the block yesterday arve after it had been slashed and got to traipse around the whole one and a half acres. It was so awesome being out there with the kids and the dog. Isaiah and Anakin hung out on a picnic rug in the shade of the guava trees eating vege chips and playing while me and Greg planted, fertilized and watered about 10 gums. I am so fuckin’ happy about it all! The whole place is like knee deep in dry guinea grass. I dunno what we’re going to do about that – raking it up and burning it would take SO long! But there’s no chance of any lawn growing underneath it all! Might just have to do a bit at a time.

At least a couple of times a year I have these dreams that I’m out of control of a vehicle, it’s usually because I can’t reach the pedals or because I can’s see the road properly and it’s usually Greg’s car I’m driving?? I NEVER end up crashing or hurting any of my passengers or bystanders but I’m always waiting for it to happen. Had one of those this morning. Wonder what it means.

No comments: