Sunday, September 2, 2007

Love Ya Work

After a couple too many drinks in the shed last night Greg came in to smooch me up and tell me how much he loves me (“Ahhrr” I thought). But then he walks away muttering “I’m gunna marry the sh*t outta you one day Babe”. God, talk about eloquent. What a refined man I snagged myself!

I just finished painting the laundry door “Caesar Stone”. (After sweeping and mopping out all the chicken poo – I need a coup bad!) It’s going to become the official place to record the kids’ heights each birthday.

Poor Greg didn’t score too majorly for Fathers Day because we spoiled him so much last weekend for his birthday. We bought him a big straw broom to keep his shed clean and some yummy chocolate coated almonds. As soon as I drag myself away from the computer I’ll be making him some more Apricot balls too.

We spent the morning at the markets eating burgers and peach blossoms. Anakin tested out his first pair of shoes, a soft little pair of white and blue play-gro sneakers, by traipsing around all over the park. (His hands are becoming less outstretched and zombie-like and are coming down by his sides more as he gains confidence.) He is so adorable.

In the arvie we went down to the beach with the neighbours and their kids. The fellas threw a line in off the jetty with the older kids and we hung out while Anakin had his first real play on the beach. He loved it! Filling up his trucks with sand, squashing castles, staggering around in the surf, eating bananas… He went a bit crazy when the salt water started drying on him so I rinsed him off under a near-by tap to stop the itching and rugged him up. Then it was off to the nearest take-away for fish n chips. We’re going to rendezvous again later when the kids are asleep for a glass of red and a mow-vie. “A Scanner Darkly”

When we tried phoning Izzy’s dad earlier to say Happy Father’s Day he was in heavy traffic and couldn’t answer so he called us when he got in. I would have offered to call him back again so he didn’t have to pay but the last time he was here he spent the whole time informing me what a sh*t phone plan I’m on and how deadly his own one is – so bugger him!

1 comment:

Averil said...

“I’m gunna marry the sh*t outta you one day Babe”

Classic!!! I love it!!!

Geez that made me laugh!