Monday, September 10, 2007

Another Crazy Bird!


I'm weak, my heart is racing... I thought my last too-close-encounter with a crazy cassowary was bad enough, this time was way worse!

Bubby and I were having our usual playtime outside - he was cruising about picking bright orange fungus off logs, climbing up the pushbikes leaning against the side of the house... I was trailing around after him making sure he didn't chow-down on the orange fungus or get his leg caught in any spokes. Anyway he found himself a tennis ball to play with and parked himself on top of the septic tank (noice) in the sun next to the dog and I parked myself back on the outdoor lounge with the realestate guide about 10 meters away.

Next thing I know, I hear a familiar hissing sound, the ruffling of a lot of feathers and the dog barking. Fark! I knew what that meant - the resident cassowary and his chick where coming down the bank for a rummage through the compost but encountered the resident mutt (and arch enemy) on the way!! I had to run towards the cassowary who was running towards Snoop to scoop up Anakin and pace it in through the back door. Holy Shit - you should've seen how fast I moved. INTERCEPT!!

Anakin wasn't fazed - he's always wanted to get that close to the cassowary. But me! Fark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! Thats so scary!!!!

Carolyn said...

Oh my! So glad I don't have to deal with large birds here.

Also, jasmine green tea is one of my favourites. ^_^