Saturday, March 17, 2007

About a Girl

My Auntie reckons every mother needs a daughter. I’m 100% stoked with my two boys but sometimes I wonder what I will miss out on if I don’t ever have a daughter and I catch myself thinking of what she might be like. I have a friend who has a cheeky ragamuffin of a girl who reminds me of myself as a carefree little kid and when I see her it really hits me the most.In my head her given names are picked out already “Sunday Oprah” or maybe the other way ‘round. She’d be dressed just like her Mum, in cargos or slouch pants with sweet frilly tops and a pair of sneakers. I’d do her hair up so nice with funky parts and lots of plaits. She’d be blith and bold.Maybe my little stash of size one girls clothes will be handed on to pregnant girlfriends one day…and…maybe not…

Man I’m eating the healthiest lunch! I made a big yummy salad with lemon and honey dressing and I’m eating it on top of buckwheat pasta with veges and baby spinach and butter and soy sauce. Yum!! (Not quite as good as Nick’s though.) Bit more nutritious than the banana pancakes and cream I ate the entire day yesterday!

I’ve been allocated the job of caring for Izzy’s Digimon while he’s at school. I thought no worries just feed it every now and again. But bloody hell it’s a high maintenance little critter! It’s forever bleating at me needing medication or training or calling me into do battle on it’s behalf. Geez I’m glad his Version 3’s on the blink and the tamagotchi got baby slobber in it or I’d be a slave to the virtual pets! How 2007!

I think Bubby is about to bust a tooth out! Wuhoo!! It’s a top one! He’s a non-conformist too!!

No comments: