Friday, March 16, 2007

Beautiful Boy

I know you’re all pretty fond of the kids in your own family and all, but I really do feel sorry for all the people out there who don’t know my Bubby.

It’s hard to find the words to express how precious he is. He’s the most scrumptious little sweetheart, so beautiful and spirited.

He loves life – he laughs loudly, he eats hungrily, he beholds things in amazement. He laps up all the good stuff. He kisses like he’s watched too many soapies, he grunts loudly on the potty and laughs at his own farties. He whistles and sings (he sounds like Maggie off the Bananas), and screams for fun, he screws up his nose and snorts!

Lately he’s been expressing just how much he loves me too. When I’m holding him up against my side (I don’t know why but I can only carry Bubbas on my left), he lays his little head down on my shoulder for a while. Especially when there’s people around whom he’s not quite sure of yet. He snuggles his head down and looks up at them through his long dark lashes, safe with his Mumma – it makes me feel SO good! He’s always having so much fun with his family – he loves us ALL. He wants his Daddy and his Mummy and his Bruss all at once.

Last night he was laughing hysterically and zooming around in his walker as Izzy crawled after him. It makes me so proud to see how gentle and loving Isaiah is with his Little Bruss – he makes any sacrifice without a moments hesitation if it’s for the good of the Bubby.

I can’t believe there was a time when I didn’t know his perfect little face. Now I feel like I’d curl up and die without him.

No comments: