Monday, March 12, 2007

Fighting the Odds to get Funky

I’ll tell you one thing; my brain is definitely not hardwired to perform the complex arrangement of dance movements I’m expected to in Wednesday night Funk classes. It’s just not. I thought maybe I’d get better at it given a chance, but each time it’s something completely new and I can’t get it. It’s hard. And fast. I end up just dancing around in everyone’s faces like a disempowered brat.

I did this personality test in a staff meeting once. I’m one of those types that has an extreme intolerance for authority. Most of us end up in jail. This fraction of a percent get through Uni’ so I was really fighting against the odds there, I knew that already – I even had lecturers going out of their way to tell me I had a personality disorder.

I have difficulty in taking orders – maybe that’s got something to do with it. Greg’s a bit the same, he would’ve been a champion basketball player by now except that he was deemed “uncoachable”. Huh, maybe we do have something in common! We’re both a couple of mavericks.

More likely I’m just un-co’. I’ve picked up the local gym program in the hopes that a step aerobics class is more within my apparently limited range of physical motion. Wish me luck.

No comments: