Thursday, March 1, 2007

PJays all day's not Layzay!

I’m starting to drool as soon as my head hits the pillow lately, I don’t even have to be asleep! I was so stoked the other morning because I got to sleep between midnight (when I went to bed) until 4.20 in one stretch. That was friggn awesome. Usually I’m waking every couple of hours at least to shuffle Anakin around the bed or jam pillows under my elbows to feed him comfortably or haul him from one titty over to the other or change his nappy or wake up Daddy to take him to the potty or close the windows against the rain or untangle the dog’s chain…

But I still can’t bring myself to sleep with him in the day time – my own time is too valuable – even more than sleep.Issy was giving me grief this morning about having to tidy up his room before catching the bus! He had a good old whinge about it first, then he tried to shift the blame onto his cousin, then he tried to tell me I don’t do anything all day long either! Even though I just made him a pancake breakfast with maple syrup, mango and whipped cream, packed him a delicious lunch for school – tomato pesto bread, cashews, an apple, a carrot, some more homemade brownies, sesame snaps and a stringer. In between feeding Bub and giving him a bath! He got his well cleaned uniform of a neatly stacked pile off his desk, he doesn’t even have to rifle through his other clothes – they’re just there, all laid out for him. He gets driven all over the country side to be with his friends and to do extra curricular stuff! He gets help with his homework, even when he doesn’t want it. He gets his bloody feet rubbed at night before bed. Little Ingrate! I may stay in my pyjamas all day but it doesn’t mean I do nothing!! Ugh! He shouldn’t have messed with me this morning! No Neighbours or Biggest Loser till that room is done! (Jeez I’m on a role with the venting… ) But he’s a beautiful big brother I’ll give him that! He’ll do anything for Little Bruss…

As soon as Bubby gets a bit grunty on the potty he goes! And to save having a wet nappy is as simple as taking him out on the grass or holding him above the toilet and saying “Do a pee-pee!” and no matter how much he’s got he’ll squeeze it out for you. You’re TRICKY!

No comments: