Friday, February 2, 2007

Daddy's Bad Seeds

Greg, Baby, come back!! I think I’m going to lose my Festi’ down the huge rut in the driveway where all the gravel has been washed away. And we’ve got some serious plumbing problems going on! Too much rain and not enough drainage!! I think the dryer is about to explode and the house is going to float away down the road! I hope you can find us when you get home, if we keep still too long we might be covered in mildew!

Greg spent the night yachting around the Sydney harbour, pubbing and clubbing with the Groom n Groomsmen. I asked him before he left to look after his sperms ie – don’t drink too much and lay off the cigars. I thought if I put it that way he might be more inclined to oblige. With a very croaky voice, he informed me this morning that when he gets home the current batch will have to be cleared out n then he’ll work on building up a fresh supply of healthy ones. Mmmm… He’s never been too good at avoiding drunken revelry.

Seeing as Anakin has only recently turned 6 months old and is demand breastfed, I’ve only offered him food to keep his life interesting with small samples of tantalizing flavours. Mainly fruit – carambola, lychee, mango, grapes, cherries and berries… Recently we began offering him Bellamy’s organic baby rice and oats, and pureed roast veg’ all of which he loves! Considering the amount he eats in one go and the way he practically launches himself onto the serving spoon I’ve decided he needs to be offered a good solid three meals a day. The little starvin’Marvin!

He’s a little eatin’ drinkin’ machine! A real solid nugget. And strong! He’ll do his body-building Daddy proud! He scoots around in his walker wreaking havoc! And when he’s hanging off the hip he leans as far out as possible and grabs anything that is in reach. He pulls whole trays of mangoes onto the ground and the dish rack full of washing-up into the sink. He doesn’t bother with a single item on the shelf – he just goes the whole shelf!

But despite his brawn he has the most beautiful angelic sing song voice. Sounds just like the girls in Vice City when they are getting their cars stolen!

No comments: