Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Incident

Well it’s risky business using the computer today, it sounds as if it’s going to blow up – it’s making so much noise trying to keep itself cool I’m worried I won’t hear Bubby when he wakes up in the next room! It’s so hot I think my couches are sweating!

(Pause to press my ear to the wall.)

I just had to tell you this:

About a year ago we were traveling home from a visit to Poppy’s, where Izzy spent the day knocking around with his cousins out in the bush. It was night time when we were driving home and Izzy began complaining that he was itchy and thought he might have a rash. Having a good feel around and with the help of the interior light he discovered he had a little tick gliched onto his forey. Poor kid had a painful wait until we reached a servo so I could park in some good strong light to pinch it off! Izzy lamented loudly all the way home about his poor wang and that he’s never been through anything so painful in his life, (he’s prone to exaggeration and dragging out a good story), while I nearly drove off the road from laughing too hard (this happens to me a lot with Izzy in the car!)Anyway this little tick episode has become known to us as “The Incident”. Every now and again I say to Izzy “Hey Iz, how ‘bout “The Incident” and it sets off another barrage off “Oh My God my poor self…rah rah rah…”

And it almost happened to Bubby today! I’d set up his wading pool out on the grass for the first time rather than inside on the lino and he was having a good old splash about. When we’d had enough of that I came inside and plopped him down on his folded nappy only to notice there was a little bit of something on his bolleys. I figured it was a piece of the dried grass he’d been trying to eat or some of the all-spice he’d been choking on. But it was a bloody tick!!! Just crawling on his privates! I’m so glad I’ve got eagle eyes and was paying attention. Poor little fella and his poor d*cky-bird – could’ve been real bad!! Those ticks must hone in on the warmest spots they can find. Now when Izzy gets home from school I’ll be able to tell him that there was almost a repeat of The Incident!! dant! dant! dant! DANT! DANT! DANT! (This could trigger off frequent compulsive head to toe examinations!)

No comments: