Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Big Yummy Weekend

Bubby’s having a snooze, Izzy’s off to school, the washing’s on, so I’m sitting here enjoying my morning pineapple, mango and grape smoothie and reminiscing over our lovely, long weekend away.Thanks to awesome generous friends we landed two nights accommodation at one of the glorious Northern beaches. (You know I will repay you with pancake breakfasts when you can keep them down!) The weather turned glorious to match. Not that we noticed that much because we spent a lot of our time holed-up in the room with the aircon’ cranking, eating the food supply we brought, watching discovery, doing crosswords and snuggling with our crazy little man – when we sufficiently messed up one bed we just switched to the other one!

Anakin has been winging a lot lately because he can’t decide which parent he wants to catch a ride on so he was delighted to have us in close proximity in such a confined space. And Greg was just as delighted and did his goofy Happy-dance a lot! (Except he recently cut his hair and it doesn’t look quite so goofy without his white-mans ‘fro)

I didn’t even shop! (Except to buy groceries, and magazines for my poor hospitalized girlfriend.) I wish I could say it was because I am being true to my belief in the benefits of non-accumulation but it was mainly because Greg hates to browse. And my shopping buddies are either away or incapacitated.

Over the weekend Bubby got to visit two Great Nanas, an Uncle, Great Aunties and Uncles, honourary Aunties and Uncles and second cousins! He is such a personable little chappy, everyone just loves him!

Had dilemmas with the car as we were about to leave for home but another lot of beautiful friends came to the rescue (Pancakes at my place anytime!) and helped us out with a vehicle so Greg could chase up parts and I could get to Rusty’s for fruit and veg’. I was about to flip-out at the thought of missing my beloved markets, turns out I’m not as flexible and adaptive as I thought myself. But Greg showed me up with his calmness and got things happening (slowly…but surely), he was even singing as he was fixing the car!

So we got home a day late but in time for Family Night. (We share a big yummy dinner and dessert with Mum and my sister’s family every week and either have a night swim or play table tennis. This week had to be at my sisters as she wasn’t about to miss Biggest Loser or as we affectionately call it - The Telletubbies!) Where Bubby was showered with even more loving and kisses from his family – because he’s the BIGGEST YUMMY OF ALL!

No comments: