Saturday, February 17, 2007

Oh the Shame

Mum has 12 brothers and sisters! She is the 9th child in a family of 13! (As you can imagine I have about 58 thousand first cousins getting around the place.) They all emmigrated from Belgium and she is going back there during her long service leave this year for a holiday. So I’ll be taking her Year 3’s for 3 weeks in June! Bubby – how will I get by without you???! Anakin will be almost turning 1 by then so I’m assuming he won’t be so dependant on the Titty. He’ll be cared for by my sister who is home schooling her youngest. She loves him nearly as much as his Mum n Dad n Bruss so he’ll definitely be in good hands. It’s ideal as she lives only a few minutes down the road from the school so we’ll get a chance to see each other during lunchtimes I hope!

Oh wait, now I’m going to have to face…dant dant dantDant. Miss Wattie! Now, I love the old girl but I think she targeted me for a good dose of private humiliation in the last school newsletter. (Not public because she didn’t name names of course, but I just know she must of dobbed on me!)You see, I just happened to be driving past the school at home time so I pulled into a park just opposite the bus lane where Izzy’s bus was right in view. There were kids on the bus all ready but it was pelting down rain and I couldn’t tell wether he was one of them or if I could get his attention if he was. Now I didn’t want to get Bub soaking wet and it was only going to take me 5 seconds to skip across the bus lane, squeeze in between the buses and grab him. So, I left my door open for Bub to see me and did just that! Right into the loving arms of the Teacher Aide/Bus Driver/Bus Stop n Road Safety Protocols Chief Watchdog, Miss Wattie. I was in too much of a rush to hang around for a drilling! I just managed “But, but, gotta go Baby’s in the car!”

But she got me in the end. Come Thursday this is how it read:

Parents have a crucial role in ensuring that proper use is made of the crossing in the car park at the front of the school…Walking across the bus lane and between the buses is not only a bad example for the children but also a very dangerous practice…Please resist the temptation to take this shortcut in the interest of our children’s safety…

How small did I feel? I’m obviously not over it as I had a dream about her last night – my desire to rectify the matter is acting up on me!

Now that I’ve made my public confession and taken ownership of my mistakes – yes, including leaving Anakin alone in the car for a quick half a second, maybe my conscience can rest.

No comments: