Thursday, February 1, 2007

I'm Staying Home Okay!!

I resent being questioned when I’m going back to work when I feel like my baby’s still fresh out of the womb! God! I’ll get there…one day…OKAY!! My priority is breastfeeding Anakin for as long as I can and establishing and maintaining a consistent homelife for him. At home. With his Mummy!I copped the same flack while Izzy was little. I was raising him on my own, while getting through a four year degree, he was never put into any care, and I still had people asking me “oh, and where do you work?” as if THAT wasn’t enough!! Grrr! I hate the pressure that is put on women to be superhuman when it’s so obvious that we ARE!

Me and Bubby had a beautiful sleepy day yesterday with the rain pouring on down. He had already been asleep in bed for over an hour when the phone woke him up. (The school – wanting to know if I’d be doing contract work this year!) So we snuggled up in the recliner where he fell back to sleep for another two and a half hours!! It was so beautiful having him sleeping on top of me on the couch – like he did when he was a newborn.

I was adoring his angelic little sleeping face, all through The Bold and The Beautiful, all through Days of Our Lives, by the end of Oprah I had a major crink in my neck and just had to wake him up. What a snuggly little bunny. You should have seen his gorgeous little wakin-up face – he was looking at everything like it was brand new again. What a yummy-scrummy! Needless to say he wouldn’t go to sleep last night. He was plonked in his Big Bruss’s room to watch wrestling DVD’s while I tried to scoff my dinner.

Greg has left to go to a wedding in Sydney so I’m going solo ‘til Monday afternoon. I can see him returning to a greasy-haired, smelly, sasquatch coz the time I spend on personal grooming will probably be first to go…next the house will slowly degenerate into a filthy grotto… Just kidding, I’m a superhero, I mean, Woman remember.

No comments: